Sunday, July 25, 2010

Unloading the Clay and the Second Studio

My new studio took less time to set up. Most of my shelves and material were already assembled and organized from my first studio, so I didn't bother to disassemble them for the move. Maybe my forced move from the first studio was a blessing in disguise because the new space has a garage door that can be seen in the picture below, which makes it much easier to view my work from a distance and ventilate the space, not to mention enjoy the summer weather and interact with other occupants in the complex.
In the picture above you can see the armature with the burlap and plaster layer as well as the line of where I had to cut the piece in half to transport it.
Shortly after I moved into the second studio I reconnected the two pieces of the VBH armature and seal it with more plaster and burlap. Then it was time to unload 2,000 lb palette of clay and begin sculpting.

The video below is a photo montage my father put together showing the process moving the 40 boxes of clay out of the cars and against of wall of my new studio.

No comments:

Post a Comment