Thursday, July 29, 2010

Small Heads, Molding and Casting

Here are two examples of the experiments I have been doing with mold making and casting. The first image is of a two piece plaster mold that will be a waste mold. The following images are of a mold for which I used moulage.


I have been learning a lot about different mold making materials by attending workshops at Douglas and Sturgess. I know have information about a huge range of materials, many of which I don't intend on using for these smaller heads because of their set times and toxicity. What I have been using are molding materials that are safe for you skin. for example I have also been molding my body parts with dermagel with varying levels of success. I would not use it to cast my clay work, but it is a unique product and I could us it to make different types of figural sculpture.

No comments:

Post a Comment