Thursday, July 29, 2010

Ears and Gravity

In past works I've had major catastrophes with building clay structures that are not supported well enough to defy gravity. The experiences have taught me to know where I would encounter these problems and how to deal with them so even before I began building in the ears I already knew I would face problems.

I was able to resolve the cracking clay above the ear on the right side of the head that could be seen in the pictures above. The left ear I was not so lucky with. In the images below you can see the area where the entire ear broke away and the last image is of the ear on the ground. I had not yet added any depth or dimension to the bulk of the ear so when i reattached it I was about to make it lighter by increasing the scoops and ridges of the ear shape.




No comments:

Post a Comment