Saturday, August 21, 2010

In over my HEAD

I finally finished applying and sculpting the 3,000 pounds of clay I bought and now I am starting to work on the flexible mold. I'm discovering that this is a very difficult process because of the amount of surface area I need to cover. There just aren't enough hours in a day.
In the two photos (one above, one below) I have added the first and half of the second layer of the mold making material. It takes about 24 hrs to set completely so I can finish the second layer and add a third over several days instead of all at once. I have found that if I mix one half of one blue bucket at a time I can spread it out over a portion of the head before it begins to become too sticky to work with.
Below are two photos of the final version of the clay sculpture. These are also the last photos I took of the head before I started to make the mold, so if it all goes horribly wrong then this is the only evidence I have that it existed in its complete form!


No comments:

Post a Comment