Monday, November 15, 2010

VBF and studio shot

In the photo below I tried to get as much of my studio space into the frame as possible. As you can see the space is about a third the size of the studio I had this summer and it is getting a bit crowded. I cast and broke out the smiling face from the mold that I posted about a bit ago. Now it is shellacked and spray painted blue to go with the aquatic theme, which relates to the model's major as a maine bioligist. The photo also give an idea of the scale of the VBF. I have added about three quarters of the clay now and I've started shaping it onto general features. To the immediate right of the VBF you can see a photograph I tok of myself with my head fitted into a box to give the same illusion that it is sitting in a corner. Lastly there are five drawings that are visible on the back wall of the studio that I have started working with. I wanted to reserve the charcoal figure drawings to I fitted a piece of plexiglass on top of each and now I am experimenting with paint on top of the plexi.

No comments:

Post a Comment